Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What one does when in need of laughter!!

After 4 months of coughing and such carry on, 1 week of waking during the night because I can't breathe and keeping husband awake with more coughing, I decided I best go see the doctor. But at about 2am this morning I came up with a rather brilliant plan(yes, occasionally I get them and sadly it is often during the night when a person is mean't to be sleeping!!) Why didn't I think of it sooner? Isn't laughter the best medicine? So it's decided. Today I allow myself the pleasure of laughter, and the extreme pleasure of making myself laugh. Tomorrow, it's back to being intensely serious......

I remember sitting by the fire. Yay for wood fires, they are the best! Bryan and I were watching a movie and I couldn't stop laughing. Don't you just love belly laughs! I was rolling and jiggling(as one does when they laugh) and roaring with laughter(is that possible?) and crying at the antics on the screen. I turned to share the laughter with Bryan and he had this weird smile on his face. It seemed he didn't really wanna watch the movie, it was preferable to watch me. Reminds me of Gary. Yea .... you know who I mean.

So what exactly does one do? Here's a few tips from me.

One hears husband turn up in vehicle and hides behind the computer desk. Husband knows wife is here somewhere(her car is parked right beside his) and searches for elusive wife. In all the usual places of course. He checks by the kitchen sink, the fridge, the washing line, no wife. Wife is having trouble containing her giggles. Finally husband checks his sock drawer. He finds socks but no wife. Husband gives up, and wife is now in tears from her laughter. Oh the joys of marriage!

One hears husband and hides behind the door, and leaps at him unexpectedly.

One visits the renewal website and is thoroughly entertained by unusual statements made by FeeNeensHolstRKPaisleySyJD and other strange individuals who visit this website.

One chases the cat around the house, seriously he loves it!

Wife is bored and wants to have fun. Husband is ignoring wife cause he's watching tv(the news again). One does crazy little jigs in front of the tv.

One dances as ridiculously as possible to the music on tv ads, till husband gives in and laughs.

One visits the site of one of her pastors, with popcorn and drinks for an afternoon of fun and entertainment.

One wakes up, looks husband in the eyes and giggles cause life is good.

One leaps around the lounge and laughs cause she feels like it and nobody's home to see.

One listens to the message saved on her answering machine from her darling sister and laughs out loud, then saves it again for next time.

One wakes up, looks husband in the eyes, bounces on the bed and races out the door. I haven't done this one yet, but I will. Is anyone feeling sorry for Bryan about now?

One begins a conversation with workmates and proceeds to confuse them as thoroughly as possible.

One walks into the bedroom and sees husband lying in bed with his Bible. Wife walks slyly towards the bed. Husband becomes suspicious. Wife grabs husbands feet and begins to pat them. Husband begins to smile(not for the faint of heart, he loses control of his feet when they get tickled). Wife finds it more amusing to pretend to tickle than actually do.

I think I know now why Bryan wants children so desperately!?

My last piece of advice; be prepared to laugh at yourself

And finally a few quotes and proverbs:

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." E.E. Cummings
"Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh." Luke 6:21
"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart." Mort Walker
"A merry heart does good like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones." Proverbs 17:22

5 comments:

Symon said...

You sound as sane as I am! You've been deceiving us all these years that you are a serious person. Great actress, but now the truth is out ;-)

Little Dee said...

Do I detect a note of relief? My only hope is that by the time I reach 34 I will be insanely serious about deceiving more people about the truth of my being a great actress :o

Miss Elizabeth said...

Whoa! What a ripper post...goood one Darlz

Kate said...

Girl, you are something else!

PaisleyJade said...

Must try some of your tips!