Monday, September 15, 2008

What I'm learning about life in God's Kingdom??

The phrase in the Bible 'He who exalts himself will be humbled and he who humbles himself will be exalted' confounds me. How is it possible in this lifetime to come to a complete understanding of this statement?? Especially considering that I'm forever changing. My perceptions and the angles at which I view this passage change with new bits of information. With new opinions I hear and my own life experiences.

It doesn't take much these days to find myself humbled, but I think it would be much better if I were humble. I'm certain my pride would be much happier which is why it's a good thing to be humbled at times. And don't you find it a true test when friends speak of your humility. Suddenly pride attempts to take over and you find yourself in a wrestling match. Again you're reminded of how easily one can revert to this state.

Strangely what is truly liberating is realising our imperfections, our weaknesses.

I look at my own life and see the ways in which I've failed. Recognising my humanity, which I'm not referring to as an excuse. Looking into my soul and seeing the insecurities, the lack. But somehwere in facing all of this I have reason to hope, because there is peace here. This is me, this is who I am.

A sudden revelation came to me recently. Though my demands(doesn't that just sound awful, but it's the truth as I see it) have been heard, it's been my cries that have been quickly answered. My cries; the voice which spoke brokenly, and incomprehensibly. The cries which couldn't be rightly expressed. It was those particular cries I doubted were heard but it's been those cries God has answered. And it's here he receives glory.

This is where we realise our insufficiency, our inadequacy . This is where we realise our absolute need of Jesus the redeemer. A place of realising our dependance and knowing that we were too weak to have done any good. This is where we become aware of our many strengths and became humbled by them because they proved useless to us, as we were too weary and feeble to use them.

Though these are some of our weaknesses, in me especially, but in us all, also be aware that we're changing and there's absolutely no way we're the cause of it. To God be the glory!!

4 comments:

Symon said...

Woohoo you've got a blog! Looking forward to reading your posts from the randomness closet ;-)

PaisleyJade said...

Yay - welcome to blogland! Loved reading your post - can't wait to read more.

Kate said...

Soli deo Gloria for sures!!!!! Wow lil dee...write a book already! You are my hero x

Little Dee said...

It's called 'Nonsense'