Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What if..

What if you were a ball of goo and over a trillion million years you evolved into a walking human being? Worse, what if you were a human being and you woke up tomorrow as a ball of goo? Oh dear… Would you even realise you were a ball of goo? I know! It’s worth thinking about. Ok, so I don’t spend a lot of time considering such things but to me that’s how logical the theory of evolution is.

Can a person believe in science and creationism? Many speculate that such a position isn’t possible. I have to disagree.

A professor and director of education, by the name of Michael Reiss of the Royal Society has resigned over a statement made about creationism. He believes creationism should be discussed in schools. This resulted in an uproar amongst scientists concerned about appearing to endorse creationism and a belief that such comments were damaging to the Society’s reputation. !!!

Isn’t that just amazing? Being concerned about their reputation because they appeared to endorse creationism. And though a person is criticised heavily for mentioning such an idea, the theory of evolution is defended as the best explanation for life on Earth. It seems that belief in creationism as genuine science is discouraged. I’m just glad they called it the theory of evolution and not evolution.

My simple mind finds it difficult to understand this concept, cause I didn’t think science was about theory. I thought it was the study of the natural and physical world, but I’m not here to kick anyone around. I’m just astonished that a person has had to resign because of personal views on creationism.

My belief in God being the author of life stands, and I’m glad I won’t get fired for believing it; I just hope Mr Reiss has no difficulty finding employment. Maybe the creation science team would employ him. ??

We are not bits of goo, nor is the universe, we are masterpieces created for a divine purpose.

In the beginning God created..
Gen 1:1

2 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

So glad I know I'm not going to wake up as a ball of goo... love your post Dee!

James said...

Fantastic post Dee..you heard Graham E's 'goo to you via the zoo'?? What's interesting is the increasing numbers of secular scientists that are raising doubts over the validity of the widely accepted theory..funny how adamant some can be that it's fact when many of its leading proponents express their doubts.. check out http://creationontheweb.com/content/category/3/211/105