Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Satisfy your hunger

I started reading a novel this morning, but as I looked out the window I got a little distracted. The whole day’s ahead of me I thought, what shall I do? A whole array of ideas raced through my mind. I looked at the chocolates on the coffee table(Bryan surprised me with them last night, a rare treat) and was tempted to eat them. I began to think about how thoroughly I enjoy food. Yummy..

Have you ever been hungry, and unable to satisfy that craving right away? Like when you’re cooking dinner and it all smells so wonderful and you really want to taste as you go, but you hold off until later. Then you sit down to eat and find your appetite gone, and you just know it doesn’t taste as good as it would have an hour ago.

Makes me think of God. I don’t find Him very convenient. He draws me at the strangest of times. The middle of the night, seems to be a favorite. When I’m locked in my wee office, driving to work, or the early hours of the morning. But I find if I don’t give in to that hunger for Him right away, the anointing for that moment passes and the impact isn’t the same. You just know it doesn’t taste as good as it could have. So for now I’ve decided I’m gonna sit at His feet awhile and see what He has to say.

And I’d like to encourage us all to become aware of His presence and listen. And if you feel that pull, let’s give in. You never know what He might tell you.

Satisfy your hunger for God

3 comments:

Rachel Kate said...

Great Stuff Dee!

PaisleyJade said...

Wow - that is so true! If we don't grab the moment when God is drawing us, it often passes and we miss out!

Stephen said...

Far out, that's awesome stuff darlene.