Friday, October 3, 2008

Phobia or ..

Phobia - a persistent, irrational fear of a specific object, activity, or situation that leads to a compelling desire to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous. A strong fear, dislike, or aversion. The word originates from Greek.

The wikiwiki, tells me phobias are the most common forms of anxiety disorders. Wikiwiki, come on, you know what I mean! Hey, that would make a good ditty(would you stop getting side-tracked already!). Yes I talk to myself all the time, and sometimes I answer myself, and no, I am not crazy.

I was talking to one of my workmates a couple of weeks ago(wow, darls really!!) and I have no idea how this came up, but she told me how her son has a fear of people. This got my attention. Lots of people fear man, but this is kinda different. He has what they call a Sociophobia, which is fear of society or people in general. From the age of nine he was pulled out of school and has avoided society ever since. He’s now twenty-three years old and living with one of his brothers. What’s he gonna do if his brother gets married? The only company he can bear is those who are immediate family members. On rare occasions after a few drinks he may head off to the pub with a family member. That is one sad story. I don’t know what to do about that except pray.

We often hear our Pastor talking about faith being the currency of heaven. Well, something I hadn’t really thought about is the complete opposite. If faith is the currency of heaven, what is the currency of hell(not that I want to operate in this at all, but it‘s interesting)? Could it be fear?

There are hundreds of phobias out there and millions of people suffering from the intimidation and lies of the enemy. I’ll admit here that I have an illogical fear of crawlies. Yuck!! I can just bear to look at them, but don’t you dare get them near me!! It possibly has a lot to do with my fondness for beauty, and I certainly don’t consider bugs to be beautiful. One day..

Good thing I have no phobia of tissues. Hmm, wonder what that would be called. What about giant rats dressed in clothes….my eyes!

Faith challenges those lovely, comfortable, no risk situations(I am so convicted right now!). Faith challenges me to get over the fear of crawlies. Faith stirs up hope. Faith is like fresh air after breathing in the stench of rotten fish(gross, I know). Why ever do I do it? Yep bad English, but who cares, I’m only pc when I’m not writing a pretend sermon to convince myself to get over it. Aha..

Renewal, renewal, renewal. God please bring renewal. Bring it to your church. Bring it to me! I started reading this very cool book last night(When heaven invades earth by Bill Johnson). It is literally loaded with faith, and if it’s possible to feel strength and faith seep into your spirit, that’s what it felt like. That and a kick in the guts. A kick, because I need to wake up and smell the morning coffee and stop giving fear anymore ground(no more bugs will be added to my list). Mmm coffee.

Now, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the substance I want, not fear. Faith that will break off the chains binding people up and encourage them to reach out to an awesome saviour.

And what about love. The kind that is without reservation. The kind we don’t yet fully grasp. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 2 John 4:18 Whoa. And what about this. Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgement; because as He is, so are we in this world. 2 John 4:17 Wow, boldness. I want more of that. My shyness need not be an excuse. Love has been perfected among us. As He is, so are we in this world. Aha, I totally agree, but Father please get that into our spirits so that we will not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Enabled to proclaim liberty to the captives, and opening of the prisons to those who are bound. Reuben, God wants you free from that prison of bondage!

There have been some awesome times when I am so overwhelmed with his supernatural love that it has enabled me to overcome insurmountable situations and come out the victor. The amazing thing about the perfect love of God is how absolute it’s work is.

Final Words: God’s love is absolute!

6 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

So good Darls... So easy to know all about faith but living out faith is a challenge. Love your posts!

Symon said...

Hiya Darls! I might be getting a pet spider one of these days... You'll have to come around and own your fear ;-)

Little Dee said...

I'll have you know that the poor spiders in my home are now very afraid of me. I've been picking them up in between throwing them away, then searching for them again. Poor things. They are only little though. DYK In cambodia they fry spiders. Mmm

lesmondj said...

mmm...morning coffee (nice post lil' d

Stephen said...

I'll have you know that the poor staplers in my home are now very afraid of me. I've been picking them up after hockey practise, then searching for them again. Poor things.

Symon, why would you DO that.

Rachel Kate said...

haha i videod "spidey" last night dee... i'll have ta show u :)